Sunday 17 July 2011

A Starters Shoe Polishing Kit

Based on some advise I've picked up here and there I decided to expand my shoe shining kit. I already had shoe polish in black, brown and natural which I guess are the most basic colours so all I really needed was a leather cleaner, a set of quality brushes and something that has gotten a lot of love on Styleforum. Saphir Medaille d'Or Renovateur - I hink this is what is called a leather conditioner in english...

Some places have starter sets offered in nice wooden valets with everything you need. I was tempted, but since I already have some of the stuff and don't have lot's of money I figured I could do without the valet.

Instead I stuffed all that new junk in one of those bags you get with your boots, tossed it in the broom cupboard and now rest assured that I'm at least equipped to take proper care of my footwear. Money can't buy you technique and experience - so time to get buffing.

I must say I still struggle on the last point. It's not that I want a complete mirror like finish or anything. just a modest shine to the toe box seems pretty hard for me to achieve at the moment.

My sort of new shoe shining kit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...