Friday 10 June 2011

A Beater Blazer

I needed a blazer to relieve my favourite one. It should be cheap so I wouldn't mind trashing it around, but still be worth wearing so I think this is a good solution: A cheap cotton blazer from H&M.


The good thing is that it fits me good off the rack so theres no need to have it tailored which would double it's price and make it not worthwhile. Another good thing is that it is all cotton (except polyester sleeve lining) so once you removed the shoulder pads you should be able to wash it in the washing machine.

Besides the rather cheap fabric and lousy construction I find it pretty bland. But nothing a fresh set of mother of pearl buttons can't help. I bought these beautiful white and smoked mother of pearl buttons from mat135ta in LA and i can't recommend them enough. And no, pictures won't do the iridescence the least bit of justice.

Mother of pearl buttons from mat135ta.

Then use this guide from Jeffery Diduch to sew them on and you're golden. His blog has anything you want to know about tailoring and is very interesting if you like to know how things are done.


Cheap blazer with nice buttons.

When it start to fall apart I will upgrade the blazer and keep the buttons on the new one.
Cheap and cheerful.

Cheap blazer with nice buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...