Sunday 21 August 2011

Artist's Conception

First of all, let's be clear that I am not an artist. But what do you do when you have a lot of ideas, but lack both workshop, tools and skills to carry them out? Not to mention money. I'm always planning a lot of modifications I'd like to do to the GT500. So I tried to mock up some of them in a drawing.
I love working with watercolours and I know a little on the technique, but there's still a lot to develop. I think the next thing for me to work with is layering. That should make the chrome and other shiny stuff come out better.
For this rendition I traced the base drawing to a piece of paper directly on the laptop screen using a softish pencil and a light hand. I taped that drawing to the light table and added my planned modifications on another piece on top of that. Lastly i fixed the watercolour paper over both the other layers and started colouring it in. I do one colour at a time and one area at a time and make sure not to start a new one before the one directly next to it is completely dry.

Sketching

Adding colour

Artist's conception of a custom Suzuki GT500

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...