Wednesday 26 October 2011

Merino Undershirts

I have been experimenting with technical baselayers as undershirts under a shirt and jacket for some time. The need for good temparature regulation is as strong in the summer as in the winter.
However I hate the feel of the polyester stuff you get most places. That's why I got pretty excited when I saw these. Extremely light, thin and soft 100% merino undershirts. The flat seams and lack of bright flashy colors and prints make these perfect for wearing under a dress shirt. And they are cheap too.
I have been testing these for about a week now and I have been perfectly warm all the time and most important; I haven't shed a single drop of sweat.
So now that I know they work in cold weather it's going to be good to see how they perform in the summer.
My only regret so far is that I only bought two.

Planet X merino base layer
Planet X merino base layer




Planet X merino base layer

 

4 comments:

  1. After reading this post I just had to order one.
    And I am stoked about what landed in my mailbox yesterday.
    Thanks for the tip!

    Hr. M

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome. I'm glad that I managed to write something actually useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just ordered two more. Perfect underneath a shirt spring, fall and winter.

    Hr. M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a name for the company or product since the link is dead?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...