Friday 4 November 2011

Revamping Controls

Suddenly I discovered that the brake master cylinder was leaking so I started looking around for a rebuild kit. These kits turned up to be rather expensive so I figured I might as well just buy a complete working cylinder/resevoir with lever and all and do away with the old ugly and rattling one. One thing led to the other so right now I am in process of completely redo the handlebarcontrols and front brake.

I got:

Stainless steel braided brake line and fixings.
Stainless steel speed bleeder nipple.
Sintered brake pads.
Gum coloured Tomasselli replica grips.
The levers, perches and resevoir/master cylinder are from a '91 Kawasaki GT550.
Switch housings, levers etc. are powder coated matte black.
A lot of stainless allen head bolts.

Reference photo
Reference photo







Before powder coat.
A post coat mock-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...