Friday 1 July 2011

A Challenge: Learn To Polish Your Own Boots

To me a part of being a grown up 'Real Man' is the love for lasting goods. But what is a pair of premium quality goodyear welted boots worth if you don't know how to take care of them? Few things are as nice as a pair of beautifully aged, well cared for boots. Yet few things are as sad as dry, cracked and disregarded quality footwear.
So one of my goals in my quest for becoming a 'Real Man' and the kind of dad I'd like to be, is to learn to take care of my boots and shoes.
I have been talking to my cobbler, searching the web and trialled and erred a bit. But i still have to find a method that is simple enough to do repeatedly in the hectic existance of a parent to a little kid, but still effective.
There is a very comprehensive discussion right here. So far I have found that black and brown polish, clear conditioner, a brush and old underwear all are essentials in your shoe shine box. And never ever polish your shoes in your white dress shirt!

Boots by Paul Smith and John Varvatos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...