Monday 11 July 2011

A Thought or Two on Belts

As one of the most crucial aspects of looking good is wearing well fitting clothes, belts should purely be worn out of aesthetic sakes. If you are particulary tall and slim for instance, emphasising a horizontal line might make your appearance more well-proportioned.
The exception from the above sentiment and where a nice belt really comes to its right, is heavier casual trousers like jeans, cords and heavy twill chinos.
My newest craze in this department is belts with a single hole only. This is a bit impractical, but looks way more elegant and really shows off that your belt is custom made to you. I commisioned my tan bridle leather belt from Equus Leather a few months ago and I must say the quality of both the leather and the craftmanship is superb. Ihad the pleasure of having Charlie from Equus help me with my own design for the keeper. The belt was finished with no holes so I could punch in a hole on my own once I was sure on the measurements.
Next time I'll get a simpler verion in brown and with a blue coloured edge.

Custom single hole bridle leather belt from Equus Leather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...