Sunday 31 July 2011

My Latest Trip To Sweden

- Or How To Turn a 330 km Run Into An Exhausting 460 km Voyage.

I just spend the weekend in my parents' derelict cottage in Sweden. Actually I spend quite a great deal of the weekend on the swedish roads and it was great. I will try to share my recipe for a nice trip beyond.
It's actually just three easy steps:


Step one: Ignore all weather reports. Decide not to let the weather settle if you go or not. If the reports say it's gonna rain; ignore them. A litlle bit of rain won't hurt you the least. Wear your jeans instead of the full leather or even waterproofs. Remember you can always stay sheltered at the gas station whilst trying to start your bloody machine.

Step one: Ignore all weather reports.
Step one: Ignore all weather reports.
Step two: Make sure your bike is not suited for long trips. You know you haven't yet been able to kickstart your bike when it is hot. So what? You will have to stop to fill it up underway - even more often if you're not going the direct route. So what? You will run dry and stop if your try to postpone tanking. Well...

Step two: Make sure your bike is not suited for long trips.
Step three: Ignore all directions. "I'll just follow the highway untill I see an exit I recognise". Now thats the way to do it. Especially if you like to see something new. And arrive very late and very wet, in a very dark forest.

Step three: Ignore all directions.
Step three: Ignore all directions.
If you do like I did, and follow my easy steps above, you are sure to have all the prerequisites for sincerely enjoying that your wife (who was in the car and arrived three hours erlier) has lit the fireplace.
At least I learned two things here: I can go exactly 210 km on a full tank, no more. And I can actually fill it up while idling.Yay!
I also got some time to practise my aero position; feet on the pillion pegs, chin tugged behind the instruments - Ton up, you say? Childs play.

The boots were still wet after two days drying.
Grenson boots and japanese gaiters


This is the look of swedish summer.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you tape a cross over the headlight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! good question. I just thought it looked cool in a sort of racing style.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...