Monday 5 March 2012

Header Clamps Finally Done

I am happy to announce that my first pieces of fabrication are finished!
See this post for the background.
I have never used a milling machine before, but I found it very amusing trying to follow a diagonal with the two axes of back-and-forth and left-and-right. The end result is pretty nice I think, some flaws from the casting sand and the backsides a bit funny looking, but I am still stoked with my own capability. And they weigh exactly the half of the stock ones. Not that I am a weight weenie, obviously.
Besides that it was a great excuse to go to oliehulen, which is a shared workshop space where Mads from my schools workshop spends every thursday night working on his very spectacular 1920ies Indian factory racer. Thank you for helping me out Mads. I owe you.
I also blasted, painted and baked the headers. The matte paint is hiding the rust craters pretty well - at least from a distance.

Wrrwrrwrrwrrr

The one in the back, out of focus is the one with the worst finish.


Bling
So pleased with this

Black is slimmimg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...